Thread: Argentina v Germany

Argentina v Germany

Not sure who I want to win yet. Can't say I have a soft spot for either team

The bookies have Germany as pretty firm favourites. Fair enough on (very) recent form I guess. Just hope it's a good game and DOESN'T go to a penalty shootout. Don't think I can handle another one.

The ruthless efficiency of the German team versus the brilliance of Lionel Messi.

I look forward to kick-off 5am Monday morning. Yep, that's one of the downsides of living in the @rse end of the world. We watch all our big sporting events at really rude times!
    'coz good old fashioned real random beats simulated random any day

Argentina could have won, but they failed to score a goal. It's also a disgrace that Messi got that award. Robben should have gotten it.

By the way, in Russia there's a very popular song released in 1999 about The World Cup-1998 which is called "Argentina - Jamaica 5:0".

The refrain can be translated as:

It's such a pain, it's such a pain: with the score 5-0 Jamaica has lost the game (bol' = a pain, nol' = zero).

The song reached No.1 on different charts (not only Russian) and recieved few awards (such as "The Best Russian rock-song of 1999).
    Last edited by The Legend; 12-22-2016 at 07:33 AM.