Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: What do we want?...what do we really really want?

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dealer View Post
    That is the exact and only reason, not the additional reason. Everybody is informed about that already when having a job interview. It makes me crazy that some Dealers are moaning about things like that - lenses, night shifts, working in weakends etc. It is not hided info of them that that's part of their job. It would be the same if a guy who wears a chicken custom in advertisment purpose would moan about that for every single person who pass by - it's part of that exact job. Accept it or leave it. Nobody is forced to stay.
    To be fair to the dealer i spoke with, she was simply answering a question in an honest way. The opinions offered here are mine.

    I just don't buy the reflection argument I'm afraid. If it were true, you wouldn't see newsreaders wearing glasses and and youtube would be full of unwatchable videos. Even if it were true, it would seem to be an error of the setup. Technology should be there to make our lives easier, not having us bending over backwards to accomodate it.

    Of course any company can have rules but this one seems to cross over into dubious legal territory. Apart from anything else, it just doesn't make business sense to risk being dragged through european courts if someone was able to prove their health suffered as a result.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dealer View Post
    By the way - what would you say a about shuffling machines? I have not noticed them yet in any Online Casino, but they are quite common in those land-based. Would it be trustfull enough? I have an idea of transparent kinds... In that way the game would be endless (or pause-less), quick and the cards would be all the time on the table in front of the Players.
    I think this could work with a few adjustments like showing machine was empty before displaying cards for the camera and putting them in the machine. The only thing is it would have to be repeated every time a table went offline. I guess you'd be putting a few shufflers out of a job though.
    Last edited by Ėvarr; 07-30-2013 at 08:17 PM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ėvarr
    I just don't buy the reflection argument I'm afraid.
    I believe it's the sole reason Playtech give when employing dealers, but appearance (supposed desirability) is likely a factor also.

    Playtech have 'form' in manipulating the desirability of dealers ...

    Not allowed to say they are married
    Not allowed to admit to smoking
    Not supposed to admit to excess drinking
    Not supposed to have major visible tattoos (several do have them on their backs etc., visible when they walk across studio floor)


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pbG.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	1544 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mpbgs.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	1659

    There is at least one male & female Pit Boss who wear glasses. Why are they not bothered about reflection from their glasses when they come to the tables?

    How is it that Evolution with so many tables (100+) have managed to set all their camera angles and info screens so they are not worried about reflections and allow glasses?
    Last edited by Unclefester; 09-01-2013 at 02:05 AM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclefester View Post
    Well possibly your wish may be granted!

    I welcome any competition to the big two of Evolution and Playtech .... especially if it makes them change also.
    still waiting. perhaps a casino representative over here please. come on, and put your comments here. ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dealer View Post
    That is the exact and only reason, not the additional reason. Everybody is informed about that already when having a job interview. It makes me crazy that some Dealers are moaning about things like that - lenses, night shifts, working in weakends etc. It is not hided info of them that that's part of their job. It would be the same if a guy who wears a chicken custom in advertisment purpose would moan about that for every single person who pass by - it's part of that exact job. Accept it or leave it. Nobody is forced to stay.
    you don't have to be too mad about. calm down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ėvarr View Post
    To be fair to the dealer i spoke with, she was simply answering a question in an honest way. The opinions offered here are mine.

    I just don't buy the reflection argument I'm afraid. If it were true, you wouldn't see newsreaders wearing glasses and and youtube would be full of unwatchable videos. Even if it were true, it would seem to be an error of the setup. Technology should be there to make our lives easier, not having us bending over backwards to accomodate it.
    well, unclefester gave us a pitboss with a glass, so it's a start.

    anyway, i think we're focusing too much on the glasses part. what about other details on the casino. i remember one that has too much red in it.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dealer View Post

    By the way - what would you say a about shuffling machines? I have not noticed them yet in any Online Casino, but they are quite common in those land-based. Would it be trustfull enough? I have an idea of transparent kinds... In that way the game would be endless (or pause-less), quick and the cards would be all the time on the table in front of the Players.
    I was surpried to see the first one at Unibets Casino Royale from Netent. Why to play them in an online live casino? When I want to play with continous shuffling I can play RNG. That´s 40 times faster.

  5. #15
    The point being RNG is not real & not live dealers

    I guess most players have had to wait for a shuffler to arrive at Playtech etc. ... hence the discussion about shuffling machines and procedures.

  6. #16
    the idea to play online live dealers is to feel the same environment as playing in land-based. that is why even the shuffling with playtech sometimes takes a lot of time. though, you can just chat with the dealer while waiting

  7. #17
    Moderator The Dealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    117
    luckiestgambler, I am not mad, I as just a bit annoyed, as if receiving a dirty fork in a restaurant. Not nice, that's all. Actually, it turned out it was Ivarr's translation of some Dealers words, so it all was misunderstandment and overacting from my side.

    By the way, I don't think that any Casino representetive would care so much about opinion of just some people. Maybe only those of really small Casino, whose floor is made just for one Online Casino site. The thing is, both Evolution and Playtech floors are giving service to lot of sites at the same time, so they have to satisfy the expectaations of hundreds of Casinos in every single category - design, procedure, Dealers, rules, etc. I think that's the reason why such floors tend to choose old good classic style/ stay close to traditional looks and looks.

  8. #18
    yeah mate. i understand. anyway, we may be a small people but i really hope that we'll be heard. all it takes is just a few people to start a war. LOL

  9. #19
    I was enjoying a blackjack table at Evolution and it suddenly reminded me of this thread.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evo3.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	1744 ... 3 things you don't see at Playtech


    • dealers wearing glasses ... all of them actually!

    • dealers shuffling

    • dealers wearing different dresses ... a lot of flesh on display in the background everytime she went to spin the ball!

  10. #20
    OMG! ..... SHOCK!!!!!!!!

    Playtech have allowed dealers to wear glasses.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alisija-rou.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	65.2 KB 
ID:	1874 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alisija_bj.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	1875 ... Alisija looking beautiful wearing glasses


    Seems that if you make enough noise even Playtech finally get their head out of the sand.

    Apparently some dealers were also raising the issue recently

    It's not the only change for the better in recent months after things were commentated upon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •