Thread: Riga Marathon 2015

Riga Marathon 2015

Anybody fancy a jaunt over to Latvia?

Plus the chance to see dealers like you've never seen them before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RigaMar.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	3217

17th May 2015 is the date of the 25th edition of the Riga Marathon.

With lots of dealers either running, or expected to be around the course.

Although spotting your favourite dealer may be tricky based on previous years numbers. In 2014 there were over 23 thousand participants (that's total entrants...not dealers! )

It's become a regular annual event for dealers to enter.

Playtech's Euro studio is very 'encouraging' of dealers getting involved.

No doubt the studio feels it helps foster team bonding, and is a good opportunity to have a dealer recruitment drive among the 'young and beautiful' local populous. With non runner dealers wearing company branded clothing, and under strict orders to signup at least 10 new dealers each on pain of death.

These type of events also give the dealers something interesting to talk about at the tables, although they usually omit to mention how instrumental the studio was, implying it was something they did of their own initiative.

Wonder if the Playtech Pit Bosses drive alongside the dealers shouting abuse at them if they are not running fast enough...... or do they save the shouting abuse just for breaks when a dealer has made a mistake at the table (which does occur!).

Mercifully they can opt to do the half marathon, 10km or 5km ... so there is some chance of seeing your favourite dealer alive at the tables the next day if you don't make it to Riga in person.

Nice flat course by the looks.

I'd like to do it but think I've left my training too late. Haven't run more than 1km in over 10 years
    'coz good old fashioned real random beats simulated random any day

I'd like to run, but not this time. Need to train little bit more. . Don't know why, but i've just remembered movie, released in 2009, starring Ivet Corvea and Cheryl Lyone. I don't remember the exact name of it, but i do rememer that it was also about the running. It looked like low-budged, but there were some interesting and original moments.

P.S I know few dealers who really like running, so they maybe will not be forced and do it themselves.

The big day has arrived!

Meanwhile, 2014 video...

It's gonna happen again. Today.

Run, b*** (dealer), run !

P.S. b*** = baby
    Last edited by The Legend; 05-15-2016 at 07:16 AM.

To quote an ex dealer of this year's marathon..

It was really big
    no they didn't make the course longer

I mean whole event