[ VERBATIM FROM CASINO RULES PAGE...]
The version of Baccarat being played is the Punto Banco
variant unless stated otherwise.
We operate all games of baccarat with eight decks, which are cut by the
dealer. All the decks are thoroughly shuffled prior to arriving at the table,
and a courtesy shuffle will then be done at the table by the dealer for the
All staff involved in both the shuffling and dealing process hold licenses
with the Gambling Commission of Great Britain.
Baccarat is a game where 2 hands are dealt. One being the Banker's or “Banco”
hand, the other being the Player's or “Punto” hand. Before each deal is made,
the player can bet on whether he/she thinks the Banker's hand or the Player's
hand will come to a total closest to 9. There is also the option to bet on a
tie. This is when both the Banker's and the Player's hand come to the same
total. A player can also bet on all 3 or any combination of the 3 outcomes.
Baccarat is played with 8 decks of 52 cards.
At the start of a hand, you have 15 seconds in which to place your bet. Once the
countdown clock reaches zero you will not be allowed to change the bet you have
placed on a hand.
To place a bet, just follow these simple steps:
1. If this is your first bet of the session, click on the 'New bet' button.
2. Click on the chip images you see in the bottom left hand corner of the screen
to select a chip value.
3. Click again in the betting box at the bottom of the screen to place a chip.
4. Each extra time you click in the betting box, it will add another chip of the
same value, so if you wanted to bet £15 you would select the £5 chip and then
click the mouse three times in the betting box. Each time you click in the
betting box you will see an extra chip added and your bet size increase by £5.
If have changed your mind about the bet you have placed then you can cancel
either the last chip you placed by pressing "Cancel Last", or the entire bet by
pressing "Cancel All".
Once you have placed your chips in the betting box there is no need to press
confirm (in fact, there is no confirm button). Any chips in the betting box when
the countdown reaches zero form the bet that you are placing.
You will only be allowed to place bets within the table limits, and you will
find these minimum/maximum levels displayed clearly on the table.
Our unique online interface allows you to play the hand your way while others
play the hand differently. This means that while everyone will start with the
same two cards, and the dealer will always start with the same starting cards,
the betting is your decision.
You will win or lose the hand based solely on the decisions you have taken; the
decisions other people take will have no impact on your hand.
Baccarat is played from an eight-deck shoe. All face cards and 10's have no
value. Cards less than 10 are counted at face value, Aces are worth 1. Suits
don't matter. Only single digit values are valid. Any count that reaches a
double digit drops the left digit. 15 is counted as 5 and 25 is also counted as
5. An example of a hand is:
Player receives cards: Queen, 2, 9 = 0+2+9 = 11 = 1
To start, the players bet either on the Banker or the Player or a tie between
the Bankers and the Players hands. The card dealer gives two cards each; first
to the player and then the banker. The object of the game is to bet on the hand
that you think will have the highest total value.
A third card may be dealt to either or both the player and the bank based on the
following three-card-rules. It is not necessary to learn these rules to play,
they are compulsory decisions and therefore automatic:
Player's third card rule:
* If the bank's total is 2 or less then bank draws a card, regardless of what
the players third card is.
* If the banks total is 3 then the bank draws a third card unless the players
third card was an 8.
* If the banks total is 4 then the bank draws a third card unless the players
third card was a 0, 1, 8, or 9.
* If the banks total is 5 then the bank draws a third card if the players third
card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
* If the banks total is 6 then the bank draws a third card if the players third
card was a 6 or 7.
* If the banks total is 7 then the bank stands.
* If either the player or the bank have a total of 8 or 9 on the first two cards
no further cards are drawn. The resulting hand is called a natural and the hand
* If the player's total is less than or equal to 5 the player's hand draws a
* If the player does not draw a third card, then the bank's hand stands on 6 or
more and takes a third card on a total of 5 or less. If the player does take a
then the Bank's third-card-rule below will determine if the bank
takes a third card.
Banker Win 1:0.95
Player Win 1:1
Tie Win 1:8
General Terms and Conditions
1. The general Terms and Conditions covering this website apply to this
product. The rules pertaining to the Live Dealer Baccarat are in addition to,
not an alternative from, Smart Live Casino's Terms and Conditions.
2. Only one account per customer.
3. Only players from jurisdictions where participation in online gambling is
considered legal and acceptable under UK Gambling Commission Regulations may
play at Smart Live Baccarat.
4. Employees of Smart TV Broadcasting, any of their respective group of
companies, partners and suppliers are not permitted to play on SmartLive
5. Participant s must be over 18 years of age to play at Smart Live Baccarat.
6. Smart Live Baccarat is brought to you by Smart TV Broadcasting Ltd, 3rd
Floor, 14-16 Regent Street, London, SW1Y 4PH.
7. i) In the event the there is a grand network disconnection during a hand
which is the fault of SmartLive or one of its providers, every attempt will be
made to restart the hand from the point of disconnection so that customers are
able to complete the hand.
ii) If this restart is not possible, then all bets for that particular hand
will be refunded. The total stake will be returned whether a player's hand was
winning in potential, tied in potential, or was already bust.
8. i) In the event that a player suffers a local disconnection during a hand
due to a third party source, the software will automatically 'stand' a player at
the point at which the disconnection occurs, and the hand will be played out as
ii) SmartLive Casino will not accept responsibility for any local
disconnections which may occur due to a third party source, and subsequently any
loss, or loss of profit in potential which may be suffered.
9. In the event of a misdeal or mis-scan of a card during a hand, we will take
the hand back to the point when the misdeal took place where possible. This will
allow players to complete the hand. If this cannot be achieved, then all bets
will be declared void and all stakes returned to players.
10. In cases where players have already made a decision, and the immediately
previous card needs to be cancelled or changed due to a misdeal/mis-scan, we
will always endeavour to give the players the option to make a new decision once
the correct card has been dealt. Where this is not possible all bets will be
11. If there is a discrepancy between the card shown on the video screen with
the live dealer, and that which is shown on your betting display, the correct
card is that which is on the video screen (i.e. the number/face value of the
physical card turned over by the dealer, not that which appears on your screen).
Any hands with a discrepancy should be played as such by the player. We will
always either change the hand on the virtual table to that shown on the video,
and in instances where this is not possible we void the hand and refund all
wagers to all players.
12. In the event that a misdeal is only noticed (or brought to our attention)
after the completion of a hand, we will make every attempt to investigate and
subsequently ensure that players are not deprived of due winnings.
13. In situations where a card is inadvertently dealt and shown to customers
before its turn, this card will not be burnt. To preserve the integrity of the
deck this card will be placed next to the shoe, face down, and will be dealt at
the same stage it should have been, had it not been shown to the players.
14. In the event that a card is inadvertently shown face-up in the shoe, this
does not count as a misdeal; the card and hand will still be played as normal.
15. When using the chat function on the Live Dealer Baccarat product, you are
implicitly agreeing to strictly abide by our chat rules.
16. You must not impersonate, harass, slander, or abuse any other person in
chat. You may not use vulgar language, nor make racial, sexual or ethnic
comments of any kind whatsoever.
17. Do not post anything that is, or could be construed as libellous.
18. You must not use the chat function to solicit any other players with
requests for money, whether for yourself, or for companies, websites or
19. Smart Live Baccarat bears no liability to players for any activity
occurring in the Chat Room which may cause any player to suffer loss, damage or
distress of any kind.
20. We reserve the right to publish players' usernames, winnings and chat
messages across any media platform at our discretion.
21. We reserve the right to edit or delete any and all chat messages which we
consider to be in breach of these Terms.
22. We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to the
service at any time without notice at our discretion where you are (or we
suspect that you may be) in breach of these Terms.