Here’s something refreshing from a casino marketing team. Straight up, no bullshit honesty about their intentions, and your chances of winning.
This is Betsafe’s new marketing campaign. They’re calling it their No Bullshit Manifesto, and we reckon it’s a ripper.
First the Bullshit
You don’t have to be a gambler to be familiar with the usual casino dross. We’re saturated with it on all forms of media.
- A World of Entertainment (Crown Casino Melbourne)
- Life Could be a Dream (Tattersalls)
- Feeling Like No Other (Beau Rivage Hotel and Casino in Biloxi)
- Feel Like a Winner (Casino Magic Biloxi)
- Where players win (Normandie Casino, Los Angeles), and my favorite…
- Where Friendship is the Largest Jackpot! (Jackson Rancheria Casino)
The general theme seems to be, you’re either going to get rich quick or have a lot of fun…most likely both.
The No Bullshit Approach
At Betsafe you’re now greeted by the following message, in bold print:
You’ve heard countless times that in a few simple steps, you’ll be the next overnight millionaire.
With no challenge at all? Well, we think it’s time to cut the bullshit.
You’re then prompted to watch their promotional video…
In which you’ll told the following harsh truths:
[Betsafe make] A good living…at your expense
Betting is actualy quite simple. When you lose, we win.
When you win, well, in some ways we still win; because winners want to keep winning.
If it was so Goddamn easy, how come there’s such a huge jackpot. Then there’s the typical bullshit offer. Well we have them too.
Odds are you don’t have what it takes to beat us in the long run.
It will be interesting to see how this campaign fairs. If it’s a success no doubt we’ll be start getting inundated with more blatantly honest slogans like:
- We have a house edge on every game
- Our billion dollar market cap wasn’t built on winners
- The longer you play, the more you’re likely to lose