Live dealer blackjack
Most online casinos with live dealers will have blackjack on their list of live streamed games, either in its classic form (7 seat, multi-player table) or as a ’1 to many‘ version with a slightly altered deal convention to allow a single dealer to deal to many players. The latter is probably not for the purists, but from a rules standpoint, still a game of blackjack.
With regard to 7-seat live dealer blackjack, during busy times you might find it hard to get a seat at some casinos (a problem that you’ll never encounter for a live baccarat or live roulette table!), although the bigger platforms/casinos are constantly adding more tables, and in some cases dedicated rooms containing many blackjack tables to cope with player demand.
Live blackjack games from all the major platforms are represented in the below gallery. For all, Blackjack pays 3:2. That’s where the correlation ends.
Key to sort-able live blackjack gallery:
- 1 to many : single deal caters to unlimited number of players
- 10 card charlie : player wins if they draw 10 cards (unless dealer has Blackjack)
- double 9-11 : player can only double down on their first two cards with a value of 9, 10 or 11
- double any 2 : player may double down on any first 2 card combination
- early payout : proprietary games offering surrender options and calculated payouts based on cards dealt to that point in game
- hit split Aces : player can hit/draw cards to their split aces, rather than receiving only 1 card
- re-split : player can split a split hand
- surrender : player can fold their hand before taking any action and forfeit half of the original bet
- side bets: in addition to regular blackjack bet, optional side bets are offered (Pairs and/or 21+3)
- bet behind: you are able to bet behind another seated player