There would be very few UK residents or punters from around the world not familiar with the William Hill brand. The company was founded in 1934 and now operates 1,400 high street betting shops throughout the UK/Ireland and employs almost 15,000 staff worldwide. In 2002 William Hill became the first bookmaker to be listed on the London Stock Exchange.
The corporate structure has changed significantly in recent years owing to a couple of large takeovers. First in 2020 William Hill Plc was purchased by US gaming giant Caesars for £2.9 billion. Then Caesars, who were only ever interested in the business’ US facing operations, sold the remainder of William Hill to 888 for £2.2 in a deal that completed early 2022.
Bottom line – William Hill’s live casino is now part of the 888 group of companies.
William Hill have been offering live games from both Evolution and Playtech for over 12 years now. They were the first brand to offer customers games from both of these leading platforms. In September 2023 they added Pragmatic Play live games, expanding their offering to include the big three providers.
William Hill were one of the first operators to launch an exclusive, casino-branded live games area, only accessible by their customers. They have historically demonstrated a strong commitment to being a leading operator when it comes to live dealer gaming.
Their exclusive table offering has changed quite a bit over the years, expanding at one point to include 3 difference rooms (WH Mayfair, Vegas, Macau). Since becoming part of 888 group, William Hill players can now also access some 888 private tables.
The casino’s various operating companies hold licenses in quite a few jurisdictions, including from the UK Gambling Commission for players in the UK, Malta MGA plus Gibraltar GRA as cover-all’s and licenses in their European core markets including Spain and Italy.
Videos…game recordings & casino media
A closer look at their live games
Supported Currencies, Languages
- Currencies supported: $, €, £, C$, AUD, SEK, DKK, CHF, SGD, HKD, JPY
- Languages supported: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Danish, Russian, Swedish
Deposit / Withdrawal Options and Support
- Deposit by: Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club, Visa Electron, Delta, Debit card, PayPal, Neteller, Ukash, Moneybookers, Instadebit, Click2Pay, ClickandBuy, Paysafecard, Entropay, Instadebit, UseMyBank, iDeal, Webmoney, Bank Transfer
- Withdraw by: Visa, Mastercard, Debit card, Chosen virtual wallet service, bank transfer
- Support: 24/7 email, live chat and phone support.