House rules & RTP
The aim of the game playing Evolution’s Casino Hold’em Poker, is to beat the dealer’s qualifying poker hand. The game is dealt from a single shuffled deck of 52 cards (no jokers).
- To play you must place an Ante bet. You also have the option of placing a Bonus bet.
- 2 cards (face up) are dealt to the players’ hand, 2 cards (face down) are dealt to the dealer hand and 3 community cards are dealt face up (the Flop).
You may then either:
- Fold, forfeiting your Ante (but not your Bonus bet if placed); OR
- Call, in which case a Call bet (2x your Ante) is automatically placed.
2 further community cards are then dealt (Turn and River) and the dealer’s pocket cards are revealed.
The players’ best 5 card poker hand (combining pocket cards and community cards) is compared to the dealer’s best 5 card poker hand (combining pocket cards and community cards), applying normal poker hand ranks.
How you win and what you win:
- If the dealer’s hand doesn’t qualify (pair of 4s or better), then you win the Ante bet with payout calculated according to the below pay table.
- If the dealer’s hand qualifies but is lower than the player hand, then you win the Ante bet with payout calculated according to the below table PLUS even money on Call bet.
- If the dealer’s hand qualifies and beats the player hand, then you lose your Ante and Call bets.
- Bonus bet payouts are in accordance with the below payout table.
Following at recent rules change, you are no longer required to place a Call bet in order to qualify for your Bonus payout.
|Ante bet payouts||Bonus bet payouts|
|Royal Flush||100 to 1||100 to 1|
|Straight Flush||20 to 1||50 to 1|
|4 of a Kind||10 to 1||40 to 1|
|Full House||3 to 1||30 to 1|
|Flush||2 to 1||20 to 1|
|Straight or less||1 to 1||7 to 1|
Jumbo 7 Jackpot
Some Evolution casinos offer an additional side-bet on the live Casino Hold’em table…the Jumbo 7 jackpot.
It’s a single unit (EUR, GBP, USD etc) side bet that gets you a shot at winning a large progressive jackpot. The jackpot goes off when there is a 7 card Straight Flush combining players’ pockets and the 5 community cards. All players placing the Jumbo 7 Jackpot bet share the jackpot equally when it goes off.
The numerical value of the jackpot is the same for all players, but the currency it is displayed in, and the currency of your share should you win, will be the same as the currency of your casino playing account.
As an example, if the Jumbo 7 Jackpot is valued at 1,000,000 and two players win it, one playing in GBP (player A), the other playing in USD (player B) then:
- player A would get £500,000
- player B would get $500,000
Point being, it is worth playing this game in a higher value currency.
Theoretical return to player rate:
- Ante bet: 97.84%;
- Bonus bet: 93.74%
- Jumbo 7 Jackpot: 81.64%
Sample game recording
Our picks for where to play, and why
Almost all Evolution Gaming powered live casinos carry the Casino Hold’em Poker table. Only a handful offer the recently added Jumbo 7 Jackpot. It’s not a great bet mathematically, but the potentially life-changing ones never are.
Casinos carrying the Jumbo 7 Jackpot bet include:
Way back when…
This is what Evolution Gaming’s live Casino Hold’em table looked like back in 2011.